DC is a new BWT-archiver. Based on a completly new modelling technique, as replacement for MTF, it achieves very good compression ratios - close to the worlds best, at high speed.Picks from the switch menu:
the program documentation
- -bblocksize - data block size in kb, bigger blocks give better compression
- -c - skip capital conversion filter
- -p - skip permutation filter
- -r - skip phrase replacement filter
- -l - disable RLE
- -e - skip the EOL encoder, improves compression on some text files
- -s - skip Burrows-Wheeler Transform, only for testing purposes
- -d - disable distance coder, again only for testing
- -a - skip analysis (if 1-2% speed improvement counts :-)
The compressor is featured in the BWT comparison.
(Have info that should be added here? E-mail.)
0.98b disqualified: fails to decompress Game2 'The input file is corrupted'. '-n' prevents crash at program startup.
|Ver||Rating||CPR||DPR||S.E.||R.E.||Ratio||C. kB/s||D. kB/s|
|0.98b||verify error (app4, game1, game2)|